MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Web hosting or vps for DB?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web hosting or vps for DB?
Hello everyone,

I require your assistance. I'm going to rent a VPS with cpanel soon. I'm going to get 8GB of RAM, a 4core CPU, and a 120GB SSD in New York. I'll set up a slew of websites to handle the traffic. I'll start with at least $1,000 and work my way up to $100,000 per month.

I have another virtual private server that I use to send marketing emails. It has 2GB of RAM, but I could increase it to 4GB if I needed to install mysql separately from my cpanel vps to handle the traffic. Do I need to install a mysql database on the email server I use to send emails in order to get database updates for the open and clicks tracker?

The issue is that if the server goes down, I won't be able to get the database updated when someone opens and clicks on one of my emails. I could use my cpanel vps to update the database while running a lot of traffic on my websites, but this can cause a lot of stress on the server, causing it to go offline, and thus the database will not be updated.

Do you think it's best if I get a Web hosting that already has mysql so I can use it to keep the emails opens and clicks tracker updated on a database separate from my two servers?

What do you think is the best thing I could do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Begin small and scale up as necessary. If you go to a VPS, I would recommend utilizing a managed host with a strong reputation because you are not particularly technical. Because your traffic is small, you might be able to get by with a large shared host for the time being. If you see that your performance isn't meeting your expectations, consider switching to a VPS. It is recommended practice to deploy the database on a separate server from the web applications, as well as the mail server. As your traffic grows, you can work on scaling them out independently of one another. When you reach a certain size, you will need to switch to a microservice architecture in order to scale correctly.
If you don't want your emails to land up in spam folders, use an email service that uses trustworthy IP addresses provided by email servers such as gmail or hotmail. You should also begin with a solid shared hosting plan.
It makes no difference to have a database on a separate server. Your server specifications are more than adequate to manage the traffic. Email service providers such as SendGrid, BlueMail, SES, and others can be used for email marketing.