MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Recommended WordPress backup plugin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended WordPress backup plugin?
I can login to Wordpress but I, and client/website owner, do not have server login access... so we cannot FTP or phpmyAdmin.

I see a few options, but what is a recommended WP plugin to download a site (files & database)?
(06-29-2021, 09:58 AM)marsha45_ Wrote: I can login to Wordpress but I, and client/website owner, do not have server login access... so we cannot FTP or phpmyAdmin.

I see a few options, but what is a recommended WP plugin to download a site (files & database)?

checkout All in One Migration  Smile
We use WPvivid on a number of sites and recommend it to clients.

It just works a lot more easily and with a lot less annoying banners and upselling than some of the others. They do have a Premium, version but the free version already offers a lot of things that others need you to upgrade to a paid tier to use.

The only thing that was a little annoying was that it threw an error on sites running on PHP 8, but this has just been fixed in the latest release.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpvivid-backuprestore/
(06-29-2021, 09:58 AM)marsha45_ Wrote: I can login to Wordpress but I, and client/website owner, do not have server login access... so we cannot FTP or phpmyAdmin.

The BackWPup plugin is another powerful option to investigate. This plugin allows you to schedule automatic backups and store the data in a zip format on your computer. It also works with more common storage options, such as Dropbox.