MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
First Time To Build Home Server. Need Some help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Time To Build Home Server. Need Some help!
Hi. i'm looking for some advices.

I used to use Cloud Hosting Service for more then 7 years. I think it's time to build my own server. so I'm looking first to buy small server To learn on it.

Which server i should get? (150$ - 250$)

And what i should care of? Thanks!
(06-30-2021, 10:21 AM)russ111 Wrote: Hi. i'm looking for some advices.

I used to use Cloud Hosting Service for more then 7 years. I think it's time to build my own server. so I'm looking first to buy small server To learn on it.

With a budget like that you'll need to be wary of the noise & power draw of whatever server you do buy. Check out some of the Dell R4/6/7xx range.
(06-30-2021, 10:21 AM)russ111 Wrote: Hi. i'm looking for some advices.

Most likely best to spend a little extra if possible.

Or buy a used E3-1230v1-2-3 and see how that works less power hungry for you.