MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
png or jpg images?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
png or jpg images?
I want to page document with printscreen images, and people say jpg will be little when I read through the articles online. However, sometimes png format is smaller for some images, so is it better to use png for that image? or only use jpg?
(06-30-2021, 01:45 PM)jessie06 Wrote: I want to page document with printscreen images, and people say jpg will be little when I read through the articles online. However, sometimes png format is smaller for some images, so is it better to use png for that image? or only use jpg?

PNG compresses without loss in quality. JPEG produces smaller files with loss in quality and the quality can be unacceptable depending on your settings.

If you need good quality screenshots don't use JPEG.
I use both JPEG and PNG on my websites. The PNG images are mainly for logo, buttons and other design elements. For the contents which use a lot of images are usually JPEG for fast loading and save disk storage.
(06-30-2021, 01:45 PM)jessie06 Wrote: I want to page document with printscreen images, and people say jpg will be little when I read through the articles online. However, sometimes png format is smaller for some images, so is it better to use png for that image? or only use jpg?

If you have not many png files, you can compress them on https://tinypng.com It is very use full tool for me.